Saturday, February 13, 2016

Hillsdale Now Targeted by Consumers Energy for Smart Meter Installation

In what amounts to an ad for Consumers Energy, the Hillsdale Daily News has written a story (call it a
fairy tale) on the upcoming smart meter installation. The story is inaccurate and full of holes.

The meters will supposedly be installed in the fall. Neither Consumers Energy nor the newspaper bother to tell the reader that a person may retain their analog meter. See our website post on the Consumers Energy opt-out for information on how to keep your analog meter.

Be sure to let everyone know, you can opt out. And be sure to write your state rep regarding the Analog Choice Bill.

http://www.hillsdale.net/article/20160116/NEWS/160119304

1 comment:

  1. I have sent out information packs highlighting the various issues with smart meters to 21 County Boards of Commissioners. They are the ones who the utilities approach before they smart meter the area. The utilities put on a "dog and pony" show telling the County Commissioners how "wonderful" and how much you'll just love to have one. Well, they are NOT telling them all the documented issues these meters cause. That's what the information packs tell them. Information in the packs is well documented. If you would like one, send me an email and I will send you one. For now, I will bear the cost of sending it. If I start getting too many requests I may have to reconsider as I am retired with a VERY low income. alpenaunclejohn@yahoo.com. I will have you call me on my land line to give me an address to send it to. Please share this information with as many people as possible. I am VERY passionate about getting the word out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete